Instant Image Redisplay!
Let’s assume that your site is filled with graphics which constantly require server-side modification checking. After assessing your site, you decide that over 80 percent of your images have not changed in months and modifications no longer need to be checked with each web page request. You predict that eliminating modification checks will greatly improve web page performance.
STEP BY STEP:
1. Create a directory under your web application named ImagesCached.
2. Open IIS (Internet Information Server).
3. Browse to your web application's virtual directory.
4. Right-click on the ImagesCached directory and select Properties from the context menu.
5. From the Properties dialog select the HTTP Headers tab.
6. Check Enable Content Expiration and select Expire after 1 day and press OK.
7. Copy your images to the ImagesCached directory and change all corresponding HTML references.
Many web host providers will provide directory caching if you explain the above steps.