The three articles in this series take you through the process I use when developing a test driven Business Intelligence project. In Part 1 of this series, I introduced my methods for Test Driven Development for a Business Intelligence project, starting with a simple test or two. In Part 2, we went further and created methods to get the report into the format needed to compare to data retrieved via SQL queries. Then we compared the total that is produced in the report to the total produced from a straight SQL statement.
In this third part of the series, we coded to the scenario. The report now has totals by Sales Rep as well as totals by time period. The next step in this process includes refactoring and adding things like methods for the parameters. I’ve presented my method of TDD for a Business Intelligence project. Please feel free to use parts or all of this method, and extend it. Happy Coding!