This is the initial version of Microsoft .NET Framework.
.Net Framework 1.1
This is the major upgrade to the .NET Framework 1.0 to
1) .NET Compact
Framework - a version of the .NET Framework for small devices
2) Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
3) Built-in support for ODBC and Oracle
databases: previously available as an add-on for .NET
Framework 1.0, now part of the framework
4) Built-in support for mobile ASP.NET controls: previously
available as an add-on for .NET Framework, now part of the framework
5) Security changes: enable
Windows Forms assemblies to execute in a semi-trusted manner from the Internet
and enable Code Access
Security in ASP.NET applications
6) Numerous API changes and many more
.Net Framework 2.0
shipped with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Release Candidate [RC]. This is the
last version with support for Microsoft Windows 2000.
Changes in .NET Framework since 1.1:
1) Full 64-bit support for both the x64 and the IA64
2) Language support for Generics built directly into the
3) Many additional and improved ASP.NET web controls.
4) New data controls with declarative data binding.
5) New personalization features for ASP.NET, such as support
for themes, skins and webparts.
6) Numerous API changes and many more.