1. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
2. Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or later
3. A text editor such as Notepad
4. The sample report uses the pubs database, which can be
Create the following files from the code listings at the end
of this article:
1. Listing 1 - EmailReports.cs. This file contains the code
for the main application.
2. Listing 2 - Make.bat. This file is used to compile the
code into a console application (.exe).
3. Listing 3 - Sample.xml. This file is a sample report
4. Listing 4 - WeeklyReports.bat. This file is used to run
the sample report. You only need the first line of this listing. The second
line is for running multiple reports.
Place all of these files in the same folder. Then run the
Make.bat file to create the console application.