1. CTS provides base set of datatypes which is responsible
for cross language integration.
2. Most languages use aliases to implement those types (Eg:
C# implements int as alias for Int32).
3. CTS is categorized into two types called ValueTypes and
4. Each object in the hierarchy has the common interface.
5. Ensures Type - Safe Code.
Type - Safe Code means given a valid object reference,
type-safe code can access memory at fixed offsets corresponding to actual field
6. Defines rules that languages must follow, which helps
ensure that objects written in different languages can interact with each
7. Set of Base Types is called CTS.
8. Multiple Inheritance is not allowed in .NET and this can
be treated as one of the rules.
9. System.Object is a common base type where all other types
are derived from.
10. CTS standardizes the conventions that all the languages
11. CTS is responsible for defining types that can be used
across the .NET Languages.
12. Variables that are Value Type have their own copy of the
13. Value Types and Reference Types, all are derived from
type called System.Object.
14. Common Language Specification is the subset of Common
Type System. (Defines Language rules to be followed.)
15. CTS provides types that are available to be used by
programs in .NET and CLS specifies how those type are to be used in a consistent
manner to ensure compatibility with other languages.