Help features can be provided in your Page Template by –
- Including a HelpURL property in your PageTemplate class. This property is used in the Render() method.
- This property is set in the code-behind of your aspx.
- Ensures that developers in the team handle help features consistently – thereby saving time during integration.
- No hard coding of paths for help files is possible by the developer. The paths have been hard coded in the template & as a result the developer has to just provide the name of the help file.
- Setting up help in the template avoids problems arising out of some developers using absolute paths & others using relative paths to access the help files.